Thursday, August 1, 2013

Am I Beautiful?

            "Am I beautiful or are they just being nice?"   Is a question that most women are asking during their life.   Am I as beautiful as that lady on TV or as beautiful as my friends?
The sad thing is that people think they have to be skinny or have perfect features to be know as "beautiful".  American eyes have been tampered with. Instead of looking at the true beauty of someone, they look to the outward beauty when really the inside is lacking something which isn't quite as wonderful as true beauty.

           I want you to imagine something with me real quick.   If I were to draw a picture of a beautiful happy woman what would it look like?  For one thing I probably wouldn't make my women in the picture as skinny as the magazine girls because then she would look like she was dying of starvation. But I would draw my girl as being happy with a smile on her face and maybe a flower in her hand.  It is not what the girl looks like but how the girl shows her happiness.

            I once thought beautiful meant skinny with a perfect face and I often would go without meals trying to get that perfect body shape, trying to lose weight and working out trying to get that look  of beauty that everyone looked up to so much.  I kept telling myself that I am fat and that fat people are never happy or loved, when the truth was that I wasn't happy and that its hard for someone to love someone that is always thinking negative about herself.  I still struggle with thinking I'm not beautiful but what I have learned is that beauty is not what is on the outside but what is determined in the heart and if we put God in our heart and let him reflect through us we will be happy, loved and BEAUTIFUL women for God.   If I let God use me for His work I know he will make me beautiful because I will have His beauty shining through me and there is no greater beauty than the one of my Savior.  
         
          So girls when you look at yourself in the mirror don't say "I need to lose weight" or "I'm ugly and fat" but ask yourself, "Am I doing enough for God. Is God's beauty shinning through me in everything I do."


Worlds meaning of Beautiful:  Outwardly perfect
Gods meaning of Beautiful:  Inside beauty, priceless treasure


-1 Peter 3:3-4

1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful. :) Something I definitely need to be reminded of. Thank you for linking to it on Facebook - I didn't know you had a blog!
    :)

    ReplyDelete